Introduction to the Best Microphones
When it comes to gaming, especially competitive first-person shooters like Overwatch, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and so on, gamers often only pay attention to what is directly on the screen in front of them, and not what is going on around them.
Thus, often they need a way to communicate with their fellow teammates and friends without having to take their eyes off of the action to type out potentially long strings of sentences in chat.
Because of that, we thought it would be great to go over three of the best microphones for gaming and streaming. Since these two worlds often blend together, with gamers often streaming on Twitch to an audience of thousands, we will be incorporating the two worlds together as we go down our list.
However, with all that said and out of the way, why don’t we get this show on the road and showcase the first product of the evening. Shall we?
Product 1: Blue Yeti USB Microphone
Starting off strong with the Blue Yeti as our first product of the night. To most gamers, Blue Yeti is one, if not the best gaming microphones available on the market. It is the go-to microphone for many streamers and internet personalities.
Not exaggerating, but there is a streamer out on Twitch or YouTube, there is a good chance he or she is using a Blue Yeti microphone, they are THAT common and beloved by the gaming sphere.
It is the go-to mic on Amazon for gamers, garnering over well over 7000 user reviews and a near-perfect 5.0-star rating with a 4.3, perfect for all gamers alike.
- Perfect for any occasion, no matter if that occasion is singing, podcasting, voiceovers, debates, interviews, gaming, streaming, field reporting, if you need something to record, this mic can handle it.
- Compatible with the following operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The device can also work with Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher.)
- Gain and mute controls along with zero-latency via headphone output.
- Multiple patterns to select from when deciding on to get a Blue Yeti.
- Multi-directional sound input options.
- Real-time control for all your gaming and streaming needs.
- Streams and gamers alike have been using and loving the Blue Yeti since it launched in 2012.
- It is exceptionally versatile and straightforward to use, plug it into a device with the USB cable and you are set.
- Four-way directional sound input options ensure everyone in the room will be heard.
- Robust and reliable, this is the Mic of the Internet for a reason. Ask pretty much any streamer or gamer alike, and they will most likely point to the Blue Yeti as being their go-to example of quality microphones.
- There are no cons to report when it comes to the product.
The Blue Yeti is a bit of a pricey microphone to purchase, especially if it is the first microphone some is considering using. However, it is one of the best microphones a gamer could ask for, which is why it cost 130 dollars on Amazon.
However, do not take our word alone; here are what other people are saying about the Blue Yeti and its qualities via these paraphrased reviews.
“I have been watching streamers on Twitch for the longest of time, and every time they show their face via a webcam, I almost always see them using a Blue Yeti. Hearing the quality of their voices, that is what drove me to buy a Blue Yeti for myself, and I could not believe how good I was sounding! This is not a fraudulent pitch everyone; the Blue Yeti is THAT GOOD!”
“I have needed a new microphone after my old one finally bit the dust a few weeks ago. While looking, I saw the Blue Yeti was on sale, and I knew I just had to pick it up.”
“I love this microphone. Easily worth the month, hands down.”
With all that said, now you know why the Blue Yeti is considered to be the Mic of the Internet. Gamers and non-gamers alike can revel in the quality that is the Blue Yeti for now and evermore, and that is why it is one of the best microphones for gaming and streaming.
Product 2: Fifine Metal Condensor Recording Microphone
Next to the Blue Yeti microphone, when I think of a microphone that is capable of holding itself up against the competition and coming out on top, I immediately go to Fifine’s own metal condenser microphone. This microphone is a beast, especially when paired up with the Blue Yeti.
Yes, the Blue Yeti does come out on top when it comes to popularity and user consumption on the basis that pretty much every half-way streamer seems to use a Blue Yeti every other day, but the metal condenser microphone is more than capable of still bearing itself against the weight of the competition. Moreover, yes, it can still come out swinging when needed, and here is why.
- Easy to plug in and get to work via USB technology. The microphone comes with a generously long 5.9 feet cord.
- Perfect for all sorts of individuals and their needs, whether their needs are a new microphone for gaming or something sturdier for the recording that next major single, the metal condenser microphone has you covered.
- Robust, sturdy metal casing ensures it remains protected at all cost.
- USB powered.
- It works perfectly with various applications like Discord and Skype.
- Cardioid powered.
- Plug it in and get to work. Being USB powered, it works perfectly without any complicated set-up or devices.
- Works for both Windows and Mac users.
- There are physical volume knobs on the device. Ensures your voice carriers the appropriate amount of force when needed.
- It comes with a little mini tripod, ensuring that it has a stand to hold and maintain itself for you properly.
- There are no cons to report on this particular model.
This is the perfect microphone to get for all those strapped for cash. It is available on Amazon for the low, low price of 30 dollars.
Once more, do not take our word alone when it comes to the product, here are what others are saying about it via paraphrased reviews.
“Having always been a fan of hand-stand microphones like this one, I am glad to have moved onto this brand now, myself.”
“I cannot believe how much value I have gotten out of this little guy; he offers so much versatility that I cannot imagine ever going back to the previous brands I have used over the years.”
“I cannot add any more than what others have said; it is a fantastic mic, truly worth the price.”
With all that said and out of the way, there is not much left TO SAY, the microphone practically pays for itself. It is one of the best microphones for gaming and streaming currently on the market next to the Blue Yeti.
Product 3: Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting Recording Microphone
For our final listing of the night, we bring you the NW-700 broadcasting condenser microphone, a unique model in comparison to the previous two hand-held microphones on the list; the NW-700 is a Phantom-Powered condenser-microphone with a suspension scissor arm stand and a shock mounting clamp-on kit.
The device is a far cry from the Blue Yeti and condenser microphone. However, it still holds the reins of being one of the most highly rated and popular microphones recording devices on Amazon, so clearly there are merits to this device, and we are going to go over their merits right now.
The bundle comes with a condenser microphone, a scissor arm stand, a table-mounting clamp, metal shock mount, a pop filter, Ball-type Anti-wind foam cap, and single 3.5mm Male to XLR Female Cable.
Please note that a Sound Card, 48V Phantom Power, a ¼ to XLR Cable and XLR to XLR Cable are needed for better quality sound and performance.
The device adopts and adapts the new audio circuitry, thus capturing rich, empowering sound directly from the source.
The adjustable arm scissor is made entirely from steel. However, not only that but due to its sturdy and foldable designed structure, the owner is more than able to easily carry it too and away with them, while making it simple and easy to set back up.
The wind-screen ball mask not only protects the microphone from spit and germs but also ensures your voice carries on through perfectly.
- Perfect for gaming.
- Light-weight and easy to carry.
- Bi-directional sound designer.
- It is also perfect not only for gaming but for home offices and studios.
- It is excellent for people getting into commentary and video editing.
- However, it is just a great piece of tech. It is no Blue Yeti, but it is beyond amazing.
There are no cons with the microphone, especially for people who prefer phantom-powered microphones over something like USB microphones.
The total cost of this entire bundle is a fantastic low, low price of 32 dollars. An AMAZING deal for people who are on a budget.
Once more, here are what others are saying via their paraphrased statements.
“Phantom Power is a pain when you are so used to working with USB-microphones, but once you learn how it all comes together and why some microphones require additional set-up, you will appreciate just how wonderful microphones like the NW-700 is. I HIGHLY recommend this model.”
“I was definitely scared and nervous to buy this bundle, knowing that it requires phantom-power to work properly. However, given its low cost of the bundle and the fact that I needed a new mic anyway, I was willing to take a leap of faith on it, and my goodness, am I glad that I did! I love this microphone.”
“You will not regret buying this microphone; I promise all of you that.”
Phantom-powered mics can be confusing to operate at first; however, after getting over that hurdle, you will see just how incredible the NW-700 is. That is why it is on this list because of how great it is to use once correctly configured and prepared.
Final Thoughts and Opinions
With all of that said and out of the way, I hope this article proves beneficial to all that reads it. There is a myriad of microphones out there, each one accomplishing the job in a slightly different way from the other. However, the three microphones listed above are some of the best in their fields, I promise you that.