Here’s an easy tutorial that will walk you through the steps it takes to delete your Google+ account.
Google+ is the new and much talked about social networking site from – surprise, surprise – Google. If you created an account to see what all the fuss was about, as I did, and then subsequently decided that you don’t really need another social network in addition to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, et al, then you may decide you want to delete your Google+ account. Although Google certainly hasn’t made the steps obvious, the process is actually extremely easy. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Make sure you’re signed into your Google+ account and click on your name located on the right of the Google+ bar.
2. Click on Account Settings
3. Make sure the tab on the left called Account Overview is selected and then click on Delete profile and remove associated social features.
4. Select Delete Google+ content
5. Check the box beside Required and then click on Remove selected services
Job done! You can now go back to using Facebook exclusively and complaining about the site’s appalling privacy record!
Note that this process will not result in the deletion of any of your other Google accounts, but it is permanent and cannot be reversed. It’s also worth noting that when you delete your Google+ account, any images that you uploaded will not be deleted and are still accessible in Picasa. To delete your Google+ photos, you need to do so from Picasa Web Albums.