How do we rate the Best Crossbows of 2019
Crossbows have been a major fixture for many hunters and target shooters for many centuries. Originally invented in China as a military weapon, crossbows now provide a new opportunity of activity and adventure for all outdoorsmen.
However, not all crossbows are made the same. Any serious archer or hunter will know that it is no easy feat to find a crossbow that is durable, fully equipped, accurate and affordable. It can be easily intimidating trying to find the best one for you.
Fortunately, we have pulled together this review to find the best crossbow out there. Specifically, we will review three of the top crossbows on the market, judging them on several important features, such as durability, safety, power, noise, user comfort, bow weight, draw weight and more.
Our article will take you through the distinct capabilities of some top-notch crossbows so you can find the best crossbow for yourself.
CenterPoint Sniper 370
The Sniper 370 by CenterPoint is a mid-level, affordable crossbow that still provides high-quality performance. With its lightweight, but durable aluminum construction, the Sniper 370 is all about maneuverability and convenience for any skill level.
- An adjustable stock and grip that adapts the crossbow to any shooting style and enhances your overall shooting performance.
- Quad limbs and precision-machined cam system ensures top-notch power and shooting accuracy.
- Has a draw weight of 185 lbs. and reaches speeds of up to 370 feet per second.
- Includes rubber-coated stirrups and noise suppressors for quiet, vibration-free shooting.
- Quality optics, but they are better suited for daylight.
- Comes with 4×32 mm scope, detachable quiver, rope cocker, carry sling, and three 20-inch carbon bolts.
- It fires at the mind-blowing speed of 370 feet per second.
- Weighing in at 7.9 lbs., it is one of the most compact and lightweight crossbows.
- You get a scope with the crossbow.
- Set-up is easy.
- Fully adjustable shoulder stock and grip.
- Fires 128 ft.-lbs. of kinetic energy, which is enough force to tackle tough game like Cape buffalo and Grizzly bears.
- There are no significant cons to this product.
The CenterPoint Sniper 370 is one of the most affordable crossbows on this list. At $224.99, this crossbow is significantly cheaper than other high-end crossbows on the market.
However, the Sniper 370 is the best crossbow that gives you an insane amount of value for its cheap price tag. Moreover, the Sniper 370 comes with a five-year warranty.
Customers are extremely pleased with their CenterPoint Sniper 370. Check out some of these reviews by satisfied users:
“CenterPoint smashes the convention that price directly relates to quality and functionality. From beginning to end, this crossbow is the pinnacle of quality.” – J. Tant
“This is my first crossbow ever, and the Sniper 370 gave me perfect accuracy and power to take out a deer.” – Daisy Soto
“The adjustable stock ensured all my shots were stabilized and accurate.” – Mike T.
This is a great crossbow for any entry-level target shooters. It is lightweight, durable and has enough power and accuracy to match the more high-end crossbows. Overall, this is one of the best crossbows that will give you more bang for your buck.
SA Sports Empire Beowulf Crossbow
This Crossbow brings a whole new level of excitement and quality to compound crossbows. While it is one of the quietest crossbow models out there, it still delivers an exceptional amount of power. Moreover, its synthetic construction makes this crossbow user-friendly and surprisingly flexible.
- Built with a synthetic barrel and stock as well as a compact riser.
- The trigger system is incredibly smooth and easy to control.
- Has a 175 lb. drawback weight and can fire at an impressive velocity of 360 feet/second.
- Has an ambidextrous and adjustable grip to fit any user.
- With the crossbow, you get 3 carbon arrows, 4×32 scope, rope cocking device, hex keys and quick detach quiver.
- Also features a firing trigger (anti-dry), CNC machined cams and full barrel Picatinny rail.
- String stoppers have rubber ends to make your shooting as quiet as possible.
- Has a hire firing velocity.
- It can fit a variety of grip styles.
- Synthetic construction makes this crossbow extremely maneuverable and flexible.
- Scope provides excellent clarity in poor weather.
- Weighs 6.15 lbs., meaning it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry around.
- This crossbow does not have many real cons.
Much like the CenterPoint Sniper 370, the SA Sports Empire Beowulf Crossbow has a great mid-level price point. At $361.76, this the best crossbow that provides flexibility and easy maneuverability without risking power. Additionally, it comes with a 1-year warranty period.
Several customers have had great experiences with the SA Sports Empire Beowulf Crossbow. Check out a few of these paraphrased reviews:
“With its price comparison, its quality, workmanship, materials, speed and accuracy, I have no second thoughts about choosing this bow over others on the market.” – Bow Hunter
“Great product. Arrows are fast and the crossbow is incredibly light and easy to move around. Not to mention it has an incredibly quiet trigger pull.” – A. Cabral
“Nice compact size, and extremely comfortable and easy to shoot. Not to mention, fast and accurate. Very happy with the purchase.” – J McCabe
The Beowulf crossbow is an extremely well-balanced and efficient crossbow. Its synthetic construction makes it lightweight and extremely easy to use. It is a great model for people who prefer lightweight bows and want a top-quality outdoor experience without breaking the bank.
Wicked Ridge Invader G3
The Wicked Ridge Invader G3 is a great remake of the Invader HP. It is the lightest, safest, and fastest Invader models. With a good number of innovations and modifications, the Invader G3 is a premier crossbow.
- Self-retracting ACU-52 cocking device reduces draw weight by 50% and ensures that you can draw the bow consistently and accurately.
- Foregrip and wings are designed with safety in mind.
- Fires at a rate of 330 feet per second and producing 97 FP of kinetic energy.
- The stock design is 60% stronger than competitors and absorbs any vibration.
- 3.5 lb. trigger comes with auto-engaging safety.
- Utilizes a 3x Multi-Line scope that allows you a 15% larger field of view.
- Includes 3 carbon arrows and a 3-arrow quiver.
- 6.6 lb.; it is light and compact.
- Features a more effective multi-line scope.
- Stock design is 60% stronger than other crossbows but is still lightweight.
- Foregrip and wings minimize the chance of your fingers getting caught in the string.
- Fires at an impressive rate of 330 feet per second.
- There are not many cons for this crossbow.
At $440, the Invader G3 is the most expensive crossbow on our list. However, it is not the most expensive crossbow out there. As a matter of fact, for all its features and innovations, the Invader G3 is still in the mid-range price point.
Many people have had great, positive experiences with the Invader G3. Check out some of their thoughts:
“This is an economical option for a crossbow. It is light, compact, and was easy to assemble.” – Christian P.
“The G3 is a great piece of equipment for avid hunters and beginners alike. It delivers the same results as a crossbow priced at $1800.” Tony M.
“It is super easy to sight in and fire. I shot it out at 50 feet, and it was scary accurate!” – Geaux Tigers
The Invader G3 is the best crossbow for beginners not looking to break the bank but still want a top-performing crossbow. It is an extremely lightweight crossbow that has enough power for any hunting experience. Moreover, thanks to its ACU-52 cocking device, drawing your bow is smoother than ever. All in all, this is a great bow with great accuracy, ease, and quality.
Wrapping it Up
Like we mentioned before, there are hundreds upon hundreds of different types of crossbows out there. To find the right crossbow, you have to familiarize yourself with what defines a quality crossbow in the first place.
Hopefully, our review has introduced some of those top qualities to you and provided you with the means to find the best crossbow for you and your skill level. After all, a quality crossbow is key to having a great hunting or target shooting experience.
If you want to be fully in touch with your outdoorsmen for a great value price, we suggest taking a look at any of the crossbows we mentioned above. Find your dream crossbow and start shooting with the accuracy of a seasoned pro.
Have any great crossbow models you like that didn’t make the list? Have any questions or thoughts about what makes a quality crossbow? Let us know!